- Creating my own illustrated text versions of Bible passages using images from http://www.freebibleimages.org and text from Bible Gateway https://www.biblegateway.com/passage
- Engaging with the Bible with others, e.g. by contributing to the collaborative retelling of a Bible story.
- Gaining the gist of a passage before reading it, e.g. by looking at it in a children’s book such as The Lion Storyteller Book of Parables, or a visual recording / sketch note of it e.g. https://ourdailybread.org/sg-bc2016.
- Using dramatization e.g. by listening to this audio dramatization: https://soundcloud.com/biblesociety/sets/youve-got-the-time
More resources and techniques for engaging with the Bible
You can find these in a guide I’ve written.
More information on dyslexia
Dyslexia Scotland website: https://www.dyslexiascotland.org.uk
Dyslexia Scotland Helpline:
- 0344 800 84 84 84
- email email@example.com
- details https://www.dyslexiascotland.org.uk/helpline