Help spread the word about Scotland’s
For service providers, it means making sure that you recognise that people understand and express themselves in different ways.
For people who use services, it means getting information and expressing themselves in ways that meet their needs.
Inclusive communication relates to all modes of communication:
- Written information
- Online information
- Face to face
Inclusive communication makes services more accessible for everyone. It will help to achieve successful outcomes for individuals and the wider community. It enables people to live more independently and to participate in public life.
The Inclusive Communication Hub has been developed for anyone with an interest in improving their inclusive communication tools and processes. The Hub aims to promote inclusion and accessibility in its content and structure. Throughout this Hub you will find helpful resources such as Case Studies and Blogs from employers and individuals, details of training and the latest news on Inclusive Communication.
The concept of Inclusive Communication is simple: make everything easy to access, simple to understand and your message will go further. This Hub provides tools and guidance on how to make your information accessible.
Wanted: Inclusive Communication Champions
We are looking for a network of individuals to step up and be Inclusive Communication Champions. These could be employers from different organisations or Scottish Government Policy Officials. This network of champions will provide access and feedback into the Inclusive Communication Hub and be asked to promote inclusive communication within their own organisations, ensuring that the topic stays on the agenda. Champions will be required to attend quarterly meetings.
The full Inclusive Communication Hub promotion toolkit is available here, including social media sharing functions, banners, and other materials to promote the Inclusive Communication Hub in your network.
Inclusive Communication Hub Logos
Please post the Inclusive Communication Logo on your website or use as your email signature.
We recommend applying alternative text to theia images to ensure accessibility. Should you require a different size, please contact us.
Publish this article in your newsletters and websites.
Title: Scotland’s Inclusive Communication Hub
The Inclusive Communication Hub is the first of its kind for Scotland. It is an easy to use online tool, for all who wish to be more inclusive with the information they deliver.
Inclusive Communication is, quite simply, communication that is inclusive. It is an approach to communication which enables as many people as possible to access and engage with organisations.
A lot of good work has been done already by many organisations throughout Scotland but finding this information can be difficult. The aim of the Hub would be to have a central place for all this information to be kept or signposted to.
A Steering Group has been established to recognise the passion and long-term commitment of individuals and groups currently working to improve Inclusive Communications in Scotland.
Your feedback is vital in the development of this Hub, to ensure that everyone can find the information they need to support those needing communication support.
Tell us what you think! http://inclusivecommunication.scot/tell-us-what-you-think
Notes to editors:
- Disability Equality Scotland is a membership organisation which seeks to promote independent living, removing barriers to inequality for those affected by disability in Scotland. Website: http://disabilityequality.scot
- Sense Scotland was formalised as a charity in 1985. It grew quickly, from its beginnings as a small group of families pressing for services for their children, who were affected by deafblindness, many because of maternal rubella. Since then, the organisation has gone on to successfully support thousands of disabled people and their families, in thousands of projects and services, throughout Scotland. Website: http://www.sensescotland.org.uk
Facebook: Include Us All @inclusivecommunicationscotland
Key Messages (Tweet or post on Facebook)
- Scotland’s newest Inclusive Communication Hub http://inclusivecommunication.scot tell us what you think! #includeusall @includeusallhub
- Be informed, be in the know, and become inclusive… visit http://inclusivecommunication.scot tell us what you think! #includeusall @includeusallhub
- Discover the exciting world of Inclusive Communication. Visit http://inclusivecommunication.scot and don’t forget to tell us what you think! #includeusall @includeusallhub